This is today's Super Quiz in the San Jose Mercury News. I'm happy to say that Sunday School paid off, haha, and I got it all right. How about you?
Take this Super Quiz to a Ph.D. Score 1 point for each correct answer on the Freshman Level, 2 points on the Graduate Level and 3 points on the Ph.D. Level.
Subject: THE HISTORICAL JESUS
(e.g., Jesus was probably born in this Galilean village. Answer: Nazareth.)
1. Jesus was born during the reign of this king of Judea.
2. Jesus almost certainly spoke this language.
3. Jesus began preaching and teaching after he was baptized by this man.
4. Jesus taught in ----, such as "The Good Samaritan."
5. Jesus also used aphorisms, such as "turn the other ----."
6. This Mary seemingly had a close relationship with Jesus.
7. Jesus and his followers left Galilee and traveled to the Jewish temple in ----.
8. This Roman authorized the execution of Jesus.
9. What was the Roman penalty for traitors and political insurrection?
1. King Herod.
3. John the Baptist.
6. Mary Magdalene.
8. Pontius Pilate.
18 points - congratulations, doctor
15 to 17 points - honors graduate
10 to 14 points - you're smart, but no grind
4 to 9 points - you really should hit the books harder
1 point to 3 points - enroll in remedial courses
0 points - who reads the questions to you?