Wednesday, April 08, 2015

Influenster Review: Earth Balance Spread

I received these products complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes.


I'm not sure when I became a butter purist. I didn't have anything against margarine or spreads, but I stopped using them and stuck to butter. It's not the healthiest, but it's not like I use it everyday. I've never heard of the Earth Balance spread until Influenster invited me to try it out. Since it was vegan, I was intrigued.

Toasts are boring to me, but I thought that to really taste Earth Balance, I need to try it on toast. And I enjoyed it! I've also used it to cook my scrambled eggs. I didn't see much difference there. The taste really came through on the toast. It was flavorful and yes, buttery but not overwhelmingly so. There was a lightness to it that I liked.

Since there was already I Can't Believe It's Not Butter in my house, I was able to compare the two. Earth Balance was not as spreadable, but I Can't Believe It's Not Butter tasted more margarine-y. I preferred Earth Balance.

I also like that Earth Balance is Non-GMO and Vegan. I don't seek out products like that, but it's great to have them especially at the same price point and in stock at my local grocery stores.

There are also different Earth Balance spread flavors that I would love to try like the Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, Avocado Oil, and Sweet Cinnamon (that one sounds yummy!). They offer Soy Free spreads too, which is a first that I've seen.

Overall I'm happy with Earth Balance. Would it ever replace my butter? No, sorry! But I'm back to enjoying toasts in the morning and I have a healthier alternative to cooking oil for my scrambled eggs :-)

No comments: