Thursday, July 18, 2013

How do I figure it out?

The past few weeks were busy and hectic, especially with VBS and a whole bunch of other events. This week was my time to wind down and get back into a steady rhythm. Except there's a whole lot of things looming overhead, things to do, things to finish, places to be, and responsibilities to meet. Isn't that how it is all the time?

I bought Kat's HTB-Blog Planning Kit (it's amazing, go buy it) and she briefly talked about the very one thing that has been bugging me for a long time because I read it everywhere. Niches. I've observed that most successful blogs have a niche. They have a specific topic, and I've been struggling to figure out what mine is.

I've had this blog since forever, it feels like. Every other blog I started & closed (starting with Xanga, remember them?) were just ramblings. I basically started writing an online diary, except I never wrote the too private stuff because - literally thanking God - I had the sense to realize that if I put something online, it's like putting it out for the public to see forever and ever.

But I've had this desire to write a niche blog, a specific blog. It goes in hand with God impressing in me to use the talents He gave me to glorify Him. I just don't know what or how. I'm trying to be careful of what I declare about my life (because I'm Pentecostal and powerful =P) so I'm just going to say that right now, my life isn't as exciting as I want it to be. Oh, it's busy and it's pretty fun, but do I have what it takes to write a whole blog on one topic, and what topic?

I think I need to figure out what is burning in my heart and spirit. Oh and get over those fears. You know, the ones that ask, "How can you write about that when..." When I have shortcomings, when I don't have the experience, or when I don't have anything to back me up as an authority on the subject. Or the biggest: Are you ready to take responsibility for the consequences of what you write?

Yeah, yeah I know. I need to get out of my own head. But like I said...ramblings.

No comments: