Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Just a little update

After an infinity of cranking out ideas and writing, I think I fried my brain. I don't want to think anymore, but I'm not done. June is going to pummel me like a linebacker. See how out of it I am? I'm making sports analogies. I'm not even sure if the linebacker is the one who throws himself into walls of muscle to protect the guy with the ball...uh...pigskin? I'm rambling.

I'm writing our VBS. Hey, how about that? I like how it's turning out, actually. And I say that not to pat myself on the back, but to give glory to God because it's all from Him. To be honest, I haven't spent a year planning this. I didn't lay anything out. I didn't have monthly goals or dedicated writing time just for this project. Nope. Last year, our budget went tight. We have a new building and a lot of our budget is going into furnishing it (still is). I knew God was tugging in my heart telling me to start writing Sunday School lessons and possibly our VBS. And this year, it was decided. And it took a while to pray for direction and ideas until the general theme is born.

Then my Tatay passed and I got super sick and it's like I couldn't find that nice groove I was on at the beginning of the year. And I don't know...a whole bunch of stuff happened I guess, because I realized it was May and I need to crank out VBS. Don't wig out on me. The lessons and the ideas had been growing because like I said, it's God. I just had to write it down (as if it's that easy...psh).

Weirdly enough, I've been wanting a kingdom theme VBS because our kidmin's name is Kingdom Kids. And for 2013, voila! 2 kingdom themed VBS! But one is super expensive and the other is about the armor of God. Nothing wrong with that lesson, just not for us this VBS. So what is our VBS?


Woot, woot! I'm excited! Haha :-) And one of our awesome leaders who happens to be the church's worship leader is writing original songs for it! The theme song is AMAZING!

But there's still so much to be done! VBS needs to be finished while we're promoting it. Father's Day is this Sunday. We just launched a new Sunday School check-in procedure. I've got other writing projects to finish.

And on top of that, my dad had to mention that since I'm going to the Women's Encounter this month, why don't I play the piano so the two women singing worship has some backup. Okay, that doesn't sound so scary (at first) and believe me, I haunt myself enough with the parable of the talents. But the last time I tried to learn how to play the piano for worship, one of the worship leaders made me feel so bad about not getting it right away. Some people, like him and my dad, can listen to a song and figure out how to play it on the piano or the guitar. I'm classically trained. But I'm not one of those classically trained pianists with a repertoire in their memories or can crank out original sonatas. It takes me forever to learn a new piece, I've never had a perfect recital and I don't understand how I passed every level test I took. So even though part of me wants to play the piano so I can use my talents for God, a huge part of me is screaming her head off.

Just saying.

No comments: