Monday, May 06, 2013

BzzAgent: Garnier Oil-Free B.B. Cream Review


Thanks to BzzAgent for sending me a complimentary Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector Oil Free B.B. Cream in Light/Medium.

True story. Not long before signing up to review Garnier's B.B. Cream, I was on my way to a birthday dinner when my two friends were talking about B.B. creams. One asked if I used it, and I said, "No, but I've always wanted to try it. I just didn't know which one to try because there's so many out there."

Then like an answered prayer, I get to try Garnier's B.B. Cream. I chose light/medium because I read somewhere that B.B. creams set a little darker on your skin. Also, since my face is super oily, I knew I was going to use face powder, which usually adds darkness to my foundations. I actually use two kinds of powders: a MAC pressed powder and Rimmel London's Stay Matte pressed powder in 001 Transparent.

So I've been using the B.B. Cream for a while now and I love it. Honestly love it. There are some not so great results, but overall, it's an amazing product.

So the positive:

  • It does control the oil on its own (without my powders).
  • It is a matte finish.
  • It applies light, but sets perfect for my skin tone.
  • A little product goes a long way.
  • Easy to apply.
  • Very lightweight.
  • Does not break me out.


The negative:

  • The oil control doesn't last long on my face without the use of powder. 2-3 hours.
  • When applied with fingers, it's hard to wash off (gets in the ridges of the skin).
  • The product spills out of the tube and into the cap, but not outside of the cap.
  • Is only light to medium coverage, with coverage lessening as the day goes on.


Tips:

  • Use a foundation brush when applying the product.
  • For super oily skin, use pressed powder or matte powder on top.
  • Be careful when opening the tube.
  • For stubborn acne, intense redness, and dark acne scars, consider using concealer.


Overall, I think this is going to be my go-to product in the summer when the heat is on and I hate having a lot of makeup on my face. I have also used this product only around my t-zone and high acne scar areas (right now, my chin) on my lazy days, and I've felt it gave enough oil-control and coverage so I'm not blinding the people around me.

BTW, the same friend who asked me if I used B.B. Cream complimented me on my foundation and asked what I was using! Of course I told her it was the Garnier B.B. Cream.

On the pic to the left, I had my makeup on for about 3-4 hours. Garnier Oil-Free B.B. Cream, pressed powder, bronzer, and blush for my face.

And yes, I chopped off my waist-long hair :-)

No comments: