Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Influenster: Sugar 'n Spice VoxBox 2013

I'm reviewing the products from the Sugar 'n Spice VoxBox 2013, which I received complimentary from Influenster.

belVita Breakfast Biscuits in Cinnamon Brown Sugar
I was pleasantly surprised with these biscuits. I admit I didn't eat them for breakfast. I just wanted to try one and...well...I ended up eating all of it. It was good! There were 4 oval biscuits in one package. I didn't expect that much. They were filling and delicious. I did feel a boost in energy midday when I ate it. So this is a good product to keep in your purse for a pick-me up or in your backpack when you feel like you need something to get you through school.

Dickinson's Original Witch Hazel towelettes
I use 100% witch hazel everyday. It stinks but it works. The Dickinson's towelettes have that witch hazel "scent" but not as strong because there are other ingredients in it. It does clean my very oily face well. It also keeps me oil free longer than I expected it would. Initially, there was a teeny tiny bit of tightness on my cheeks, but it didn't last long. The towelettes were refreshing. They were full of product, so they're wet. I like that. I know some people don't. These are great for travelling. I wouldn't have to lug around a big bottle of witch hazel!


Colgate Optic White regimen
The Colgate Optic White regimen comes with a toothbrush, toothpaste, and mouth wash. I have actually used the Optic White toothpaste before and liked it. It leaves me with a fresh and clean mouth. I also like the Optic White toothbrush. The bristles are soft and the brush head isn't too big for my mouth. The Optic White mouthwash is another story. It doesn't contain alcohol but it still stings my mouth. I'm not a big fan of mouthwash to begin with and I haven't met a mouthwash that could change my mind. I am a coffee drinker, so sad to say I think it will take more than these products to get me whiter teeth.

Nectresse
I'm also not a big fan of sweeteners that are not sugar, but when I kept in mind to give Nectresse a try, I realized that I don't cook with sugar often. I also don't brew my own coffee, so I was really waiting for those chances when I would use sugar. Nectresse is made from monk fruit (never heard of it), and I found the opportunity to use it in marinades. I used it in two different marinades when I was marinating beef and, at another time, chicken. It gave a good sweetness that blended well with the recipe. It didn't have any odd flavor that I was afraid of.

Vaseline Spray & Go Moisturizer
I am loving the Vaseline Spray & Go Moisturizer. I am not vigilant in using lotion even though I am in dire need of it. My legs are especially dry. They could belong in lotion commercials as the before shot. The problem really was the time it takes to lather on the lotion, and was I so surprised to see Vaseline come out with a solution. Their Spray & Go Moisturizer in a continuous spray bottle is so convenient and easy to use. You still have to rub in the lotion, but it absorbs into the skin quickly and really does moisturize. It also smells good.

Overall, I'm very happy with the products in the Influenster Sugar 'n Spice VoxBox 2013. I especially enjoy the Vaseline Spray & Go Moisturizer, the belVita biscuits (want more of it), and the Dickinson's towelettes. Oh, and I love the new orange Influenster box. So cute!

No comments: