Friday, March 22, 2013

Avatar: The Last Airbender

Indulge me for a moment and allow me to geek out. I just finished watching the entire TV series "Avatar: The Last Airbender" and I loved it! My sister has been telling me to watch it because I enjoyed the live action film, but I was hesitant to watch the cartoon. I finally did and it was surprisingly good! Not just good for a cartoon, but as a story. It pulls you into the adventure. It is imaginative and funny, but handled the heavy emotional content in a way that respected different age groups. I can't believe the issues that this show brought up and dealt with: war, death, running away from home/responsibilities, living up to your potential, doing the right thing despite opposition, facing the consequences of your actions, forgiveness, self-worth, growing up, love, friendships, family, acceptance, and so much more. And the ending is very satisfying :-)

Amazing fan work, Gaang by Allagea at fanpop

No comments: