Monday, December 03, 2012

Broadway Nails imPRESS Press-on Manicure

I received the Broadway Nails imPRESS Press-on Manicure product complimentary from Influenster for testing and review purposes.

The Broadway Nails imPRESS Press-on Manicure is "Salon manicure in seconds. No glue. No drying time. Rivals the best gel polish. Won't damage nails. Easy removal. Lasts up to a week."

It costs: $5.99 for colors, and $7.99 for patters.
Find it at: CVS, Rite Aid, Duane Reade, Kmart, Walgreens, Walmart, and other stores.

I've never tried acrylic or press-on nails, save the toy ones from when I was a little girl. My first impression was definitely positive because of the adorable design. My second impression was the ease of use. No nail glue? That's a major plus. This product came in Influenster's College VoxBox, and I can understand why. College students are always on the go. With the imPRESS Press-on Manicure nails, having cute nails can be fast and easy.

The box comes with instructions in the back, 24 press-on nails in a clever nail polish bottle shaped container that locks securely, and a nail cleaning pad.

I love the container. It really was cleverly designed that will securely hold all the press-on nails. The clear body clicks into place, and the black cap clicks as well to hold everything close. You can safely toss this in your backpack or purse, or a travel bag. If you have several imPRESS products, you can easily see the design through the clear container.



With 24 press-on nails, there are so many sizes available. I easily found the sizes that fit my nails. As per the instruction, I lined them up. Don't skip this step. It makes application so much easier.

Tip: Choose a size smaller than bigger when finding the right fit. The imPRESS press-on nails are made of plastic. They are flexible! I found that when applying them on, a small pressure will flatten them into place. A bigger size make seem like the right fit at first. So without taking off the plastic backing that covers the glue, apply pressure on the nail to see if it will fit perfectly.

There is one nail cleaning pad. Use this product to clean your nails and help the glue adhere better.

Tip: I cleaned my nails with nail polish remover and buffed it a little bit before using this product. I also had clean hands. Dirty fingers and nails will cause dirt to stick to the glue, which can make the nails fall off sooner than later.

Finished look! I was impressed with the Broadway Nails imPRESS Press-on Manicure. They were easy and fast to apply. The glue was very sticky. The design is simply adorable. It looks like my real nails!

There are cons though. After 24 hours, the edges started to lift a bit. My hair strands got trapped underneath. That was not a fun shower. However, in those 24 hours, I went to school, went grocery shopping, cooked dinner, and washed lots of dishes. They didn't fall off and that was a big positive.

Another con for me was the length, only because I keep short nails (habit for being a pianist when I was younger, and because I'm a writer now, typing away all day long). It was an adjustment that I couldn't commit to for a week. After two days, my fingertips hurt a little from accidental taps and hits between the long nails and random things around me. So I took them off. Removal was easy, but not too easy since the glue was still super sticky. That's a plus for those who would keep these nails on for longer than a few days.

I wonder if I can cut and trim these nails. I didn't try because look at the design! It's too cute to cut off. But there are plain colored imPRESS nails. Maybe only a DIYer would say this, but if I could trim this product, I would buy them on a snap. I'm also thinking that if the glue of these press-on nails dry out, you can just use nail glue to re-use them.

Overall, I think the Broadway Nails imPRESS Press-on Manicure is a great product for quick nail fixes. If you forgot to do your nails for a party or a job interview, this is the go-to product for you. If you're just the type of person who is always on the go (career woman with back-to-back meetings or stay-at-home mom juggling many hats), this is a handy product to keep in your beauty arsenal. This is also a great product to give as gifts for bridesmaids! I was the MOH at a recent wedding and I wish I had this product. There were many details to address that I just splashed a neutral color on my nails. Having the imPRESS nails would have been so much cuter, especially this design I received. There are a few cons to the imPRESS press-on manicure, but there are also many positives.

No comments: