Wednesday, September 05, 2012

The Lorax Inspired Makeup

Got The Lorax on DVD with the mustache! You need to watch the movie, it was great. Read my review at Examiner: "Dr Seuss' The Lorax" the adventure continues. But get the mustache, it's fun! Hahaha!

I also did a Lorax inspired makeup. I wanted to use orange, gold, and teal. The orange reminds me of the Lorax's skin. The gold reminds me of his facial hair, and the teal is from his eyes.

I started with a MAC Paint Pot in Cash Flow as the base. Then I used MAC Fafi in Shockwave as an all over shadow on the lid. I used MAC Royal Assets in Manor for the crease, and MAC Fafi in Bold as Gold for the inner corners. I used MAC Paint Pot in Rollickin' for the top and bottom liner. I was happy with this look. I think it can work for a girls night out.

I also use L'oreal telescopic mascara to really coat my top and bottom lashes. It just doesn't show up in the pictures, but that mascara really makes your lashes loooong. I wish my lids weren't so oily so I can keep the effect last longer.


No comments: