Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Election Day

It's election day, and of course I voted. Truth is, though, I hate politics. I especially dread political campaign commercials because I get irritated when candidates spend money and waste air time slamming their competition. Like it makes them look any better? In my eyes, they look worse. Instead of taking that money and putting it somewhere beneficial for the people, they use it to diss someone else. It shows me that the candidate is wasteful, is financially unwise, and is just downright mean. Problem is, everyone does it. So every one of them is mean. Instead of a commercial of Candidate A talking smack about Candidate B, I want a commercial with a check list of issues and if Candidate A is for it or against it. That way, I won't be spending most of my time trying to figure out where they stand on the issues that are important to me.

I like this Sprint commercial, "What if Firefighters Ran the World." Makes me laugh and wishes that these no-nonsense firefighters are actually in office.



No comments: