Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Movie Review: Salt

I don't want to put any spoilers, so this is more like an impression, not a review.

I watched "Salt" with Angelina Jolie and I liked it! Not gonna buy the DVD unless I can get it for $5 or less, but yup. I liked it. Why? Because it threw me for several loops. This movie has a lot of twists. Based on the previews, I thought it would be a straight-forward plot. It wasn't. The twists were good and juicy.

Here's my gauge for action movies: Can I guess the ending?
Usually, if I can guess the ending, I end up disappointed with the movie.

With "Salt"...I guessed the ending. Ahck! I didn't want to, but I did. It's not like I'm sleuthing around while watching the film. I just watch and enjoy. But I tend to pick up on foreshadowing, and can easily follow plots. I got very good at getting on the same mind track of writers. That kinda sucks sometimes.

But I wasn't diappointed with "Salt" because, like I said, the twists were good. And even though I guessed the ending, it's the kind where I needed confirmation. Gotta keep watching to make sure my guess is right. With some movies, you just know. With this, you gotta keep watching to finish the story.

And the action sequences were good. There's a part that I thought, "Yeah ohhhkay.." but I'll give it credit because I haven't seen it before. And I wasn't a fan of one of her wardrobes. It screamed...oh man, I can't say what it screamed without putting a spoiler...oh well. It screamed something that viewers already know. It wasn't needed, just gave off an air of redundancy.

As for the acting? Great. My only pick is that sometimes Liev Schreiber (he played Ted Winter, a CIA agent) seemed short of facial expressions, but whatevs.

No comments: