Friday, June 25, 2010

TGIF?

It doesn't feel like Friday, probably because I returned from Florida on Tuesday. I've been waking up early, like 7:30-8:30 am. In Florida time, that's 10:30-11:30am, which is the time I would wake up. Crazy for waking up late in Florida considering I was in Disney World and the parks would open at around 8am. So my family and I actually walked into the parks starting lunch time. It sounds like we wasted time, but it worked. We saw what we wanted to see and lines were short during lunch time so good for us. Plus, we had magic hours so we stayed late.

Okay Florida, what is up with your weather??? It rained every single day I was there. Correction: it stormed. Rides actually closed because of the "thunderstorm." But it stayed hot and humid. Sweating in the rain? I didn't think it could happen, but it did. Insane in the membrane.

Tip #1 for those wishing to vacay in WDW: bring a durable poncho or rain gear (coat, boots).

However, it's fun walking in the rain and splashing in puddles, especially when it was hot and humid. In Cali, when it rains, it gets cold. When you play in the rain, you get a cold. In Orlando, when it rained, it was hot and humid. When I played in the rain, I didn't get a cold. Talk about a kid in a candy store.

But it's still annoying, Florida! I wanted to bust out my camera and take pictures and you just had to rain on my parade. Literally! Parades got cancelled because of the thunderstorms.

I've had rest these past few days. Having fun can be exhausting. My feet have not forgiven me. It hurts to walk.

Tip #2: bring a foot scrub. I used my foot scrub when I got back to our hotel and it helped relax my aching feet, because not all of us can have a warm pig belly.

No comments: