Friday, September 04, 2009

Daily Spark 11

I've been consciously not doing the Daily Spark. Too tired. Too sluggish. Can't think. Need break. But here's another one.

Daily Spark: Treasure or Trash (pg. 34)

In my room, there is a pink stuffed creature wrapped inside a plastic. It's dirty. It's partly broken. I don't even know what it is. I used to think it was a bear, but it's not. It's just my...well, it's mine. Let's leave it at that. I've had it since I was a little girl. When my family moved to the US, we left it behind. I was so heartbroken that I had my grandmother keep it for me. She did. When she came to live with us, she brought it with her. I hugged it to death, afraid of taking it out of the clear plastic bag my grandmother stored her in. Now it sits on a fabric sling in one corner of my room, surrounded by other stuffed creatures I couldn't yet part with.

No comments: