Monday, August 24, 2009

Daily Spark 4

Daily Spark: Cop, Doctor, Dancer (pg 51)

When I was a little kid, my ideal job was to be a pediatrician. I wanted to help sick children become well, probably because I was always a sick child.

The writing prompt asks, "What do you imagine yourself doing now?"
Or, "What do you want to be when you grow up?"

I'm at a crossroads. That question is better answered by students, which I'm not. I'm at a point in life where I'm supposed to be past the imagining and onto the doing. So what am I doing now? I'm a Children's Ministry Director and a Preschool teacher. But to be perfectly honest, I imagine myself as an author. That will come, in due time. I will say this. The writing prompt also says, "When you're a little kid, the professional world seems pretty appealing..." It was. Is it wrong I don't find it appealing anymore? The time came for me to stop being a kid and enter the professional world, and I don't want to. What's going on here?

No comments: