Friday, August 21, 2009

Daily Spark 2

Daily Spark: If I Could Meet... (pg 13)

If I could meet anyone, I'd meet Jesus because it's easier to believe what you see.

Historically, Jesus is real. He really did live in this world, and changed it by bringing Christianity. The question of believing in Jesus lies on whether or not a person believes what Christianity claims: that Jesus is the Son of God or God incarnate.

"Faith is the substance of all things hoped for and the evidence of things not seen," Hebrews 11:1.

How much easier would it be to believe if I could see Jesus alive and at work? Yet that seems like the opposite of faith. Of course, even the people who lived with Jesus had to had faith to believe in who He really is.

I realize that this Daily Spark is not about traveling back in time, but if I could just meet Jesus... I have to believe that if I could just physically meet Him, everything will fall into place. There are many questions to ask. There are many things to say. But if I could meet Him, I think I'd probably just look in His eyes. Look and pray that He looks at me and - in a way that only He can - answer every unsettled matter in my heart.

No comments: