Saturday, May 23, 2009

Lost In Austen

I stumbled upon this show, Lost in Austen, and I love it!!!

"In the series premiere, an ardent Jane Austen fan living in present-day London becomes increasingly bored with her life, until she discovers a secret door that leads to the world of 'Pride and Prejudice.'"

I was channel surfing and passed by this several times. I thought, "Nah, I don't want to watch another version of Pride and Prejudice." But I kept coming back to it because there's something about the main character, a red-headed Miss Price, that bothered or intrigued me. Like...there's no Miss Price in the Bennet household! Or that Elizabeth Bennet was missing. Or that she said the word shtick and neon! Uh...say that again? What's neon? That's exactly what Mr. Whickham said! Haha! So it dawned on me that I wasn't watching classic Pride and Prejudice. And I got hooked.

Who knew public broadcast television can be so good!

Unfortunately, I stumbled upon it at the close of the season. Season finale is next week. At least I get to see the ending. I hate being left to hang.

No comments: