Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Gossip Girl has intrigued me even before it was put on television. I never did get around to reading the books though. Now, I'm just going to watch the shows. Based on the pilot, I think the characters are interesting. With most of them, there is a deep level of superficiality. What's tv drama if not superficial, right?

The main girl, Serena, is played by Blake Lively. She was Bridget in The Sisterhood of Traveling Pants and Monica in Accepted (shout outs to those movie because I own them, and a shout out to The Sisterhood of Traveling Pants 2, which is in production). As usual, Blake's long blonde hair is flowing. Her character was the wild "it" girl of their private school. Then she suddenly disappeared into a boarding school for a year. Now she's back.

I'm not diving into any more of the pilot because I have to study, and because someone out there probably TiVo'd it and will post it up on You Tube. Catch it if you can. I will say though that the pilot revealed enough of the characters, their personalities, secrets, and backstories to give the viewers a good enough insight on who they are and the circle they're living in, but held back enough to have us tune in next week.

No comments: