Sunday, January 28, 2007

I had my first spa massage last Friday. It was great...but now it's becoming a pain, literally. My neck area is sore. Friends have told me that it's supposed to be sore. Soreness is a sign that I had a deep tissue massage. Sort of like a no pain no gain kind of thing. Well, I'd rather have no pain. To say the honest truth, I was never one for massages. I never liked people massaging me because I thought it hurt. But I had a coupon for a free 30 minute back and neck massage, so I used it. My back is fine, and during the massage, I actually enjoyed most of it. But when the therapist massaged my neck, boy did it hurt. I thought that I should ask for less pressure. I could have done that, but of course, what do I think? No pain no gain kind of thing. I thought the pain meant that I was getting a really good deep tissue massage and ultimately, I'll come out of there very relaxed and rejuvenated. That's partly true. I enjoyed my experience, but my neck area hurt. It still hurts. It's sore and it hurts. I have applied tons of Icy Hot (one of my favorite products, by the way) and it partly relieved the pain, but I'm not sure I'll go in for another massage like that.

No comments: