Monday, September 12, 2005

So I started Weight Watchers, and today, I pretty much flopped. I know I went over my point allotmnet for the day, but I have a 35 pt. allowance for the week. I just got tired of finding and cooking and preparing my own food. It's so hard to do that when you already have a full plate of schedule.

Anyway, WW says to have 2-3 servings of dairy a day. Our leader used the word "milk" and I doubled over in worry because my body doesn't accept milk. Being more specific, my body doesn't accept drinking white milk. That's it. I can have milk with cereal. I can drink flavored milk, but not soy milk. I tried. I seriously tried, and I've seriously tried to drink white milk. Basically, I've tried to force or train my body to drink it, but it doesn't work. Nope. Which is really weird.

I don't have lactose intolerance. At least I don't think so. When I drink white or soy milk, my body wants to throw it up, but only if it's by itself (like a glass of milk). Except for the soy milk...I just don't like it. Other than that, I can have dairy. Weird isn't? I can take in milk with cereal, flavored milk like chocolate or vanilla, cheese, yogurt, ice cream, any dairy except a glass of milk. What is up with that? Selective lactose intolerance? Heh.

There are a lot of things I don't particularly like. I don't like touching animals, and I don't like animals touching me. If there's a dog a few feet away from me, I'm fine. If it comes running towards me, I jump on a couch. I think it was childhood trauma. We used to have dogs, but one of them always tried to bite me, the other one had tons of fleas, and the other one barked all night. I'm really fine with heights, but I don't like rollercoasters. Okay, so with rollercoasters it's more of a falling thing than the heights. Why don't I like the feeling of rollercoasters...or that thrill of "falling"? I don't know. I'm fine eating dairy products (love cheese even), but my body wants to puke out a glass of milk. I don't know the reason for this either. Oh well. It doesn't matter, I guess. Hehe.

No comments: