Friday, November 12, 2004

It's been a while since I blogged. I almost forgot about Blogger, actually. But I'm back. Not that anyone will notice. I don't think anyone looks at this blog. Haha. That's good in a way. I can relinquish my thoughts with not much worry. Did I spell that word correctly? Ah, who cares?

I took a Biblical Personal Profile System test type, and according to its makers, I'm a Perfectionist. I used to think that I was a perfectionist, but for several years now, I demolished that self-concept. I cut corners. I procrastinate on my homework. I don't do most of my readings. I simply don't care. My desk is disorganized and cluttered. I don't scrutinize on the details. What makes me a Perfectionist??? Oh but they're description is so close to my personality. It's unnerving.

Perfectionist Pattern
Emotions: displays competence; is restrained and cautious
Goal: stability; predictable accomplishments
Judges others by: precise standards
Value to the organization: is conscientious; maintains standards; controls quality
Overuses: procedures and "fail-safe" controls; overdependence on people, products, and processes that have worked in past
Under pressure: becomes tactful and diplomatic
Fears: antagonism
Would increase effectiveness with: role flexibility; independence and interdependence; belief in self-worth
Positive Biblical Role Models: Esther, John, Moses
Scripture References: Esther 4; John 19:26-27; Exodus, 3, 4, 20, and 32

Perfectionists work to set and maintain high standards. It is important to them that things are done correctly, so they will often establish quality control systesm. They pay meticulous attention to details. Moses, the Perfectionist, communicated God's Law and recorded a wealth of historical data without embellishment. Perfectionists typically internalize instructions by asking questions before they act in their methodical and orderly manner. They often need personal reassurance before moving ahead. At the burning bush, after Moses had asked God five questions, he still hesitated. God then gave him additional support in Aaron. After reflecting, Moses went. Although restrained and cautious, once Perfectionists are committed to a plan, they will remain loyal to the end. Moses and Esther were willing to sacrifice their lives for the Jewish people. Moses is remembered as the only person to whom God spoke face-to-face. Esther's unselfish actions saved God's people and made the Feast of Purim possible.

Interesting, isn't it?

No comments: