Wednesday, August 11, 2004

It strikes me everytime I open the Daily Bread Devotional. I don't follow its devotionals, but when I do open it, the entry of the day I open it relates to what I'm going through at that moment. Take today for example...

Today's entry is "What's Your Identity?" It talks about how we all have little titles time to time. I've had titles like "class secretary", "girl scout", "ate" (still have that one), "the new girl", "news editor", "student assistant", etc. We do have titles here and there, and some stick to us for a lifetime. But for those who trusted in the Lord Jesus Christ, this title sticks to us beyond a lifetime: children of God.

We are children of God, and as titles go, it boils down to this: do people label us children of God? Do those who know you know that you are a Christian? We are children of God through faith in Christ Jesus.

Lately, I question who I am. Who am I? I know what I do, but who am I? I am a child of God. Plain and simple.

No comments: