Thursday, July 01, 2004

July 1, 2004
Thursday
8:38 am

Matthew 9:14-17
Jesus Questioned About Fasting

14 Then John's disciples came and asked him, "How is it that we and the Pharisees fast, but your disciples do not fast?"
15 Jesus answered, "How can the guests of the bridegroom mourn while he is with them? The time will come when the bridegroom will be taken from them; then they will fast.
16 "No one sews a patch of unshrunk cloth on an old garment, for the patch will pull away from the garment, making the tear worse.
17 Neither do men pour new wine into old wineskins. If they do, the skins will burst, the wine will run out and the wineskins will be ruined. No, they pour new wine into new wineskins, and both are preserved."

There are things I do not understand, even after many people explain it or tell me their take on it. One is that song with the lyrics "I will rise on eagle's wings" and another is the wineskins (up above). I understand what Jesus is saying about the fast, I think, but the wineskins, not really. I do remember, however, that a pastor explained it. I don't remember who, or when, or what the explanation was. Sad, but true.

What I'm getting from verse 17, now, is that God cannot pour out new annointing on an old body or life. He cannot pour out new annointing on someone whose spiritual body or spiritual life is not renewed everyday. Fresh annointing cannot befall one who does not die on the cross daily. God cannot pour out fresh annointing on stagnant people, on complacent people, on people who have plateud, and on people who cannot and will not change with the times. They cannot contain the new annointing. It will kill them.

Boy, am I glad with this vision-G12. It's so wonderful and awesome. No other vision has challenged me in my spiritual life, and it's not letting me plateu. It's a constant challenge; it's a constant battle. I have to keep moving in this vision because if I don't, I will get crushed and trampled on. I don't want that.

Times are changing, and it's time for us to change. This world is different. This generation is different. It's a crazy generation. The young people of today did not bring a generational gap, but we brought a generational change. If we, as the body of Christ, do not change the way we handle the world, the world will handle us, and being it that satan is the king of the world, he'll have all our heads roll. Why keep doing the traditional way when the traditional way IS NOT WORKING? Why stay the same when everything is changing? Change in the way that will achieve the calling of Christ in our lives! Change the way of winning souls! Disciple them! Pass on the calling! It's time for a revolution...for God.

No comments: