Saturday, May 22, 2004

ERIC NOWLIN

I wish I stood at the standing ovation. Man, that guy is TALENTED, YOUNG, and HANDSOME!!! I'll name my son after him: Eric Romanze Sangalang (my husband's last name). Yes, oh yes. The very first piece I've heard him play is Romanze for viola and orchestra, Op. 85 by Max Bruch. It was beautiful. Not just cuz he played the solo part, but the piece in a whole. I loved it. It was romantic and you can dance to it. I picture two people dancing on a balcony in the moonlight, or in a garden =)

Eric Nowlin is a violist. He plays the viola. He's the 2003 1st prize winner of the 2003 Irving M. Klein INternational String Competition in San Francisco. Haha. He got his bachelor's in The Juilliard School, and just got his master's there, too, this month. He's a scholarship studenting studying with Samuel Rhodes, who is a violist of the Juilliard String Quartet. He's 22 years old!!! From Wisconsin...yea, but I like him! He's awesome, and he get's to travel! Wow, man, wow.

I didn't stand for the standing ovation though. Not everyone was standing, and I was just sitting there...smiling...at him. Hahahahahahaha!

No comments: